background

Ryan William Lightcap

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

6/14/12

Ryan (aka Fuss Nugget, Mr. Gasman)

Admiring the Ceiling Fan
Ryan is now 6 weeks old and has been quite the bundle of fun (and chaos). He started holding his head up last week and has been enjoying the bumbo seat. He can track things, moving his head in the direction of objects, but generally he will not pay attention to us and look up at the ceiling fans instead. He does also enjoy the blinds, such exciting objects! He disregards the little monkey and fun set of keys we dangle in front of him.


Ryan Burrito Sleeping in Playard
Ryan spends a lot of time awake, which leaves me little time to blog and get anything done around the house. I starting tracking how much he slept during the day and one day it was only about 30 min and other days 2 hours. We try everything from walking around, baby bjorn, swing, bouncer seat, car seat, playyard, crib, snuggle nest in crib, car rides, tummy time, sleep on tummy or side, it all works for a bit and then I have to try something new. Although just recently he has been doing a little bit better with nap time, lets hope it stays progressing in this direction. He loves to be swaddled

Tummy Time Mat
Ryan (aka Fuss Nugget, Mr. Gasman)
Chris and I have adapted to the sleep deprivation as he only sleeps in 2 hour stretches in the night, but atleast he sleeps at night! To all those mom's out there who had babies who slept through the night and slept during day and werent major fuss balls, I am jealous! Ryan has quite a lot of gas and farts all the time, so I think thats what makes him the fuss nugget he is. I hope his digestive system gets better quick for his sake, and also for mom and dad.

Snuggle Ball
Nap time with Dad

Crazy Eyes

"Mom, stop taking pictures of me"

Sleepy time in Mom and Dad's bed

Learning to drive...

Ut oh.. they do grow up so fast.. his true Irish is showing
Enjoying the boppy seat

Mr Bobble Head

Chilling with Daddy



2 comments:

  1. He is gorgeous!! Congrats. I LOVE the name (one of my brother's is Bryan William :)). I hope his gas gets better. you will sleep again, I promise. It may take awhile, but it will happen eventually. Are you bottle or breastfeeding? How much time are you able to take off of work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. I am breastfeeding mostly, Chris will give a bottle at night. I go back to work on July 23, so I was able to take 12 weeks. I cant believe Im already more than half way through my maternity leave :(

    ReplyDelete